Saturday, June 28, 2008

Heavenly treats when it's hot as hell

As the weather gets warmer, I bake less frequently but can still get my baked goods fix at the New Cascadia Traditional stand at the Thursday Farmers Market on SE 20th. So far, I have tried the sweet galette, focaccia, bread pudding, and cinnamon roll. I so appreciate the luxury of buying just one treat, saving my kitchen from a mess, and not knowing how much butter went into what I am eating.
As with all gluten-free baked goods, eat what you buy that same day! I have a habit of saving something delicious for when I really really want it, but it's not going to be the same as when it is just baked. I bought the cinnamon roll and left it in the fridge for three days, and when I finally reheated it for breakfast, it was pretty dense. However I ate the galette right after I bought it (it was filled with raisins, apples and walnuts), and after the first bite I knew I had died and gone to flaky crust heaven.
New Cascadia Traditional has a store in NW, which I have yet to visit because for now I am content to wait for Thursdays when I can just walk a few blocks to the Market, but I do intend to make the trek some day...maybe when my mom visits next (shout out to mom)

1 comment:

dominique b. said...

hi marta! i just baked my first gluten-free pie (i used the recipe from the gluten-free girl blog) and it turned out pretty darn good. just wanted to share!